Thursday, August 23, 2012

Android Development Experiences

Finally I got my Android phone...an old Galaxy Next (not the turbo edition).

Running apps on the phone is really easy and no problems encountered.
As soon as I've choosen to run the emulator I've encountered a problem.
The Eclipse interface told me that libGL.so was missing.
The libGL.so comes with the libgl1-mesa-dev package, so if you have not installed it just do a

sudo apt-get install ligbl1-mesa-dev

In my case I already got libgl mesa as I was developning OpenGL already, so
the solution was to create a link in (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit) mesa folder like this.


ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1.2 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so

Hope this helps if someone finds the same problem.

Happy coding folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment